Thursday, December 6, 2012
Drama Unit: Relfection
This unit lived up to its name. It was definetly dramatic. Every single story we read had its own version of the word "drama". Never before had I realized that this word could be so multi-faceted. Initially, I had always viewed drama superficially. Images of overly emotional operas plays filled my head whenever someone would tlak about something being dramatic. That being said, I wasnt really looking forward to this unit as a whole. My preconcieved notions were soon contradicted by the interest I had formed in Oedipus Rex and Hamlet. Both works had engaged me more that I thought they would have. The storylines were interesting and the characters, although emotional at some points, still had human qualities. This concept was expressed further throught the satire sectiona and The Importance of Being Earnest. The humor that come through in this story futhered my interest and convinced me that drama might not be a bad thing after all. As a whole, I really turned out o enjoy this unit. The stories were interestingly intellectual and the characters were unique in many different ways. Moving forward, I will take my knowledge of the dramatic arts and its themes and apply them to the many kinds of "drama" that I may experience in the rest of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment